About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The "work-in-progress" bucket list

They say that a man becomes a father when he first sees his child. This was the first thought that ran through my head when the pretty white baby was delivered to me on Oct 22, 2010. It was a tick on the checklist. I owned a car.




Personally, I knew that it would become a reality someday, there's never been a rush. The first baby I ever wanted to own was an open convertible BMW way back in 2000-2001. I love the open-air aura. A close second today is the Honda CRV; I mean that baby has sex written all over it. I am not even a car person, I have never driven cars. I cannot chat up with someone on horse power or inbuilt engineering, however I have always loved these two babies. They are my dreamy instincts.





As a person of economic means (in yester years, I would have called myself middle-class), I am very happy with my Estillo VXi. It had to be a Maruti Suzuki for its penetrative service center network. Mum, wouldn't have liked black color and everyone else in the family has a silver. So, I said, white it is then :). And someday, may be the open convertible BMW or Honda CRV dreams will come true, however for now I am happy with this white pretty baby. It will take me, family, friends and dates around the city and I am plain elated having a new addition to my life. There will more drives on the weekend, faster access to Pune, and destination-Goa shall be planned only at one provoked thought *wink*.

I did wonder about the things I wanted to do in life though. Most of the times, they are somewhere in your sub conscience pondered over in the past. Somewhere in the past 3-5 years, I realized I wanted to get a tattoo. The idea of having something permanent on my body that lasted forever, appealed to me. Its a commitment you make to yourself, for life. In sickness and in health, the imprint is with you no matter what, and the design becomes a part of your soul. May be that's the addictive behavior of having a tattoo(s), you give your soul a visual dimension. It becomes something one can see.
I knew I would own a car though I never have felt the rush to own one. I know I will make myself a house. However is it worthwhile to actually document a bucket list? I don't have to be on a death bed to start assessing of the things I wish to do before I die. I should make a list of things right now, my "work-in-progress" (WIP) bucket list (BL) that shall be executed as part of my "lets live sum" philosophy.
Now, I personally believe, the bucket list has to be two kinds:
Independent WIP BL: This list dependent solely depends on me. I am the ultimatum to execute this and do not have dependencies.
Dependent WIP BL: Well, in this list, I am only a complement. The other supplements can be a person or the universe.
So, here it goes:
My independent WIP BL:
  1. Get a few more tattoos. For now, I do have two ideas in mind. One deals with faith, while the other with love. Each one has a story. My first tattoo was on impulse. I wanted to get one for such a long time, that I decided to get one during my last vacation in Bangalore. I browsed through the designs to find something I wanted, however didn't find it and Russel (the tattoo artist), didn't have those designs either. So I chose a dolphin and a leaf and he merged the two together to create the above design. I loved it. As a child, I wanted to have pet dolphins and an island for myself. ROFL. I can be a very dreamy person - is that a libran quality? Well, not sure, but some of us are programmed to be very dreamy, I guess. I went to see a dolphin show in Florida at Universal studios, however couldn't go to the sea world to actually swim with them. That brings me to my second.
  2. Swim with the dolphins
  3. Visit New York and live there for a month
  4. Say hello to the giraffe's in africa face to face
  5. Have a dog(s).
  6. Own a house
  7. Babysit tiger cubs over a weekend
  8. Write a book
  9. Photograph divas! Rekha, Sushmita and Kangana make it to the list!
Sometimes, I do think that these can be trigger lists. You do these and then you are inspired to do a lot more in line with them. Like say for instance, I don't think I would only stick to having a dog(s) when it comes to the animal or bird kingdom, or even if I am committed to one cause, I would continue contributing to a few others I believe in.
My dependent WIP BL:
  1. Meet Jolie. Spend a day with her drinking wine in France, or beer in Belgium, or whale watching in some part of the world. C'mon, it doesn't have to all come true, however I see no harm in at least wanting to meet a woman I am so fascinated with.
  2. Find Love. The consuming and can't live without each other kinds. Miss Bradshaw wanted "consuming, inconvenient, can't live without each other", I am more than happy to omit the inconvenient part. I mean I do wish that beyond love, I have other things to do *Wink*. However I do believe that the word "consuming" does give love a very profound dimension. Well done Mr. Writer, whoever thought of it. That is the primary reason, I have loved the sitcom so much - profound messaging in simple usage of words.
  3. Find a social cause that is close to heart and contribute self (time, money and so forth) to it consistently
For now, I am good to go. I shall append as more life happens.
Lets live sum
The aggregate sum is greater than the sum of its parts.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you achieve all that you wish for...think...act and live your thoughts and eventually they will come back to you. Almost very similar wishlist in store and keeping fingers crossed myself.....all the very best and hope the "work in progress" transforms into ACCOMPLISHED.

    ReplyDelete