About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014


I have high expectations for myself this year. I hope to materialize an end product of my on and off writing effort over the past four years. “It’s now or never,” I tell myself. That is the one big dream for 2014.

As I reflect back on 2013, a year that I didn’t expect much of, I stand in gratitude for the kind treatment meted out to me.
In Pahalgam, Sep 2013 (l) and in Goa, July 2013
2013 started with a bang by spending a weekend at the Sula Fest in February. Mom turned 60 in April and, thanks to my sister, she enjoyed an evening with her friends, family, and colleagues. End June and early July, I traveled to Goa and reveled in some sumptuous food at Brittos. I also learned through personal experience that Goa weather is pretty awesome in July. The starting week of September shocked the hell out of me because aai was hospitalized for a week. I actually travelled with her in an ambulance with the ringing siren over 15+ kilometers. However, the experience has only made me stronger and better equipped to handle emergencies. I treated myself to a Srinagar vacation for my birthday at the end of the same month. This was the highlight of 2013. I have decided that every year I should take a travel vacation in September during my birthday. I had been high on travel throughout 2013 with a small excursion to Panchgani with mom in November and another beautiful vacation to Bharatpur in December. Professional life has been a plateau but I didn’t mind it and won’t either in 2014.

1 comment:

  1. It is a great festival idea for the wine lovers. The most spectacular gourmet music festival is back this February.
    Sulafest 2014

    ReplyDelete