About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

London in 2014


With Vishal closer to King's cross
I am literally living this quote: ‘Travel while you are young and able. Don’t worry about the money. Just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money ever will be’.

Fortunately, I have a rich mom who is willing to loan me some in my times of luxurious needs and for that I shall always be grateful. I am grateful to her about a lot of other things such as cooking me meals even to this day, ensuring my laundry is done et all. You can never repay this debt, unless in some cosmic circle of life and death they return as your kids. So, may be God ensures what you enjoy today, will be paid back in kind by you to the people who gave it to you, in a future life.

Last year, I decided I am going travel on every birthday of mine. This year, I am in London and disputing whether I should restrict the plan to five years because if I decide to have kid(s) then travel each year won’t always be possible. I am beginning to believe that in order to experience a selfless being, one should have kids.

Vishal, a good friend of mine, moved to London in 2010 and I decided to see him in a place he now calls home. He sent me some of his pay stubs and account statements as part of the visa ritual and I was like, “Holy Fuck!”. I am really proud of what he has achieved for himself. God bless him with all his ambitions and particularly the one where he becomes a Londoner soon so that I can visit him as often I would like to ;-).

At Green park on Sep 22, 2014
As for London, yesterday I had a revelation while walking through Green Park: London has to be one of the most romantic cities in the world. I fell in love with the city the moment I landed. I traveled for 9.5 hours with Virgin, which is definitely a wow experience, but it felt like I had taken a two hour flight to Bangalore. London didn’t feel foreign, probably because a couple of immigration officers were Indian, but I like to think there is more to it.

Given my fascination with numbers, I noticed that my flight sequence number was 29 (adds to 2 which is my life path number) and I chose 60H as my seat (adds to 5 which is my life expression number). There have been too many numbers adding to 2, 5 and another 13 that all have been linked with my life in someway as far as the entire boarding the plane journey is concerned.

Adios for now. Today, I am planning to do the Piccadilly circus, Covent garden and some impromptu decisions. London is treating me NICE. Touch wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment