About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!

I want to do something special this year in terms of accomplishments like the year in 1993: the only I remember distinctly from my past. I passed my SSC exams with flying colors, really FLYING. I scored 88.42% but even beyond the sense of accomplishment, I was mighty pleased with myself because I was the reason of joy to my entire family. I am closer to my maternal relatives so extended family more relates to people who are connected in blood with my mum.

This year, I wish to replicate that sense of accomplishment. For myself. Although I do not have a plan, I have an idea. Lets hope next January 1st when I write the first blog of another year, I have achieved what I set out for this year. Also, I think this year is a little special because it adds up to 5 which is the same as my expression number (I am born on a 23rd).

Looking back on 2011, I believe it has been a very fine year, no complaints. Some highlights:
  1. Took mum and grandmum on two separate vacations this year
  2. Walked for LGBT rights
  3. Made a trip to Sula vineyards
  4. Moved into a new place that I love. Although, over time I have started getting frustrated with the hazardous evening traffic closer to the station.
  5. Spent birthday with mom and dad doing the regular things, however did a fantastic Ratnagiri trip the following weekend.
  6. Missed leveraging a free vacation coupon *sad face*. Couldn't go to Goa this year *sad face*
  7. Fed a couple of dogs, good karma!
  8. Took eight lessons in photography - a big step forward for an alternative profession (?)
  9. Wrote poetry as a resultant of Bangalore rains
  10. Chose my God and have been able to see him every two months. Made a deal with him on Dec 23 for the one thing that I want to happen for myself in 2012. 
  11. had an awful pay revision but on the brighter side I still do a job I love. 
Capturing some of my favorite moments in pictures:
Grandmum enjoying her cup of warm milk in Nagpur

First visit to orange orchards :)

@ Bangalore LGBT Pride march
Landscape enroute Ratnagiri
@ Sula vineyards
Here's to 2012


In the name of dear dreams
contemplative coffee corners over lit beams
Eventful journeys, accomplished destinations
Some generous charities and to making better nations

A couple new friendships
A couple more drinks
Fortifying family ties
Cherishing brighter skies


In the name of good health and healthy appetites
Making out and love bites
Stumbling upon a new love that comes around
Or continuing the loving to someone who makes your world go round

To walking and flying
and community living
Happy happy 2012
Wishing everyone well!

1 comment:

  1. :) Happy new year and all the best to your goal...

    Wonderful pics.. Please copyright them!

    ReplyDelete