About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine’s day 2012


I decided to watch the 9:00 p.m. run on channel WB of “You’ve got mail”. I have to admit the first time I watched the movie, I didn’t get it. I mean what was the big deal? Probably even the second time which I don’t remember when. Then one day, it played on some channel again and Tom Hanks said the finest words that close the deal in any romantic movie.

“Yeah. I would have asked for your number, and I wouldn't have been able to wait twenty-four hours before calling you and saying, "Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee or, you know, drinks or dinner or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?" ”

The above caught my attention. Then I watched it again and the movie is smart, witty, brilliant.

Someday I will watch it again, back to back. For Meg Ryan who’s adorable in everything does and says. For Tom Hanks, who is so cool about everything. “Its not personal, its business.”

I like Valentine's day or days designated for a purpose. You take time out of your daily lives to do something special. A simple dinner outside, catching up with a friend, watching a movie or simply buying flowers for somebody. You make an additional extra effort to make the day special which you otherwise wouldn't have. 

It didn't seem horrifying to sit at home and watch a movie by yourself. I enjoy my solitude and I seem to get a lot of it these days. An overdose though can be fatal. I need to wander around more, meet interesting people. 

Had a writer's block on chapter 2 of my book today. I hope to provoke more interest and wrench out the dullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment