About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Rest in peace Niyu

In one of my recent posts, I mentioned of a darling girl who was diagnosed with Wilms' tumor. She let go of life on February 26, 2012 at 10:30 p.m. Fighting until her last breath. She was less than two years old.

She is my cousin's daughter and her name is Niyati. Everyone lovingly called her Niyu. 

"Niyu, may you rest in peace," is all I have to say to you. I believe no mere mortal has the wisdom to explain why life is what it is. "Life is what it is" is the only absolute wisdom. Who can explain why a two year old spent most of hers fighting than frolicking? I hope she was braver than her pain. I hope there is that much kindness. 

When people speak of their greatest accomplishments, I hope they are wise to realize that if "love" is not the first on their list, their lives are superficial. Because what I see today is although Niyu was only two, she was surrounded by infinite amount of love - her parents, their friends and her extended family. Infinite and limitless. And I am sure, she gave back immense love to everyone as well. Spiritually, love is probably the "moksha" of all. Everything else is worldly and thus secondary.

Although not personally, I have heard stories where parents probably have had it worse. All I wish to say is Niyu has fantastic parents who did everything they could to ensure she lived as much as she could. Hats off to them. They are God's humane form.

Circle of life continues. Her soul shall probably connect to all her loved ones someday. May be in a future life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment