About Me

My photo
Self proclaimed writer. Hands on photographer. Story teller. Dreamer. A work-in-progress human.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sinhagad wedding?

I get a call this evening from Hemant narrating that he dreamt I was getting married - at Sinhagad ! He couldn't spot any family members around but I was more surprised with the fort venue!

I have this very weird visual that comes to my head when I think of my wedding - for some reason it takes me back to the airlines restaurant in Bangalore, St. Marks road. I believe the open air restaurant has tremendous potential for a small open air wedding but would need major re-structing to host one. But it brings a soothing white peace to the visual where gallons of wine is served (mostly white).

Well, whatever! When a friend dreams I am getting hitched - its a good sign to enter into the new year !

Coincidentally Sinhagad has a wedding history - "Aadhi lageen kondyanyache mug raiba che" (Sinhagad was renamed after a brave maratha warrior who fought bravely to conquer Kondana fort and lost his life while doing so. He deferred his son's wedding for the battle).

May be the dream and the wedding is a metaphor to symbolize part of life in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment